Paraphrase

Now get some practice writing your own paraphrases in these last three essay questions. The instructor will give you detailed feedback to help get you started on your paraphrasing journey.

Write a paraphrase for the below excerpt.

(1)  “Posttest results show that student athletes and parents from intervention schools outperformed their counterparts at control schools, after adjusting for any pretest differences, on sports concussion knowledge, knowledge application, and behavioral intention. Differences between intervention and control schools were all medium to large with an average effect size of Hedges’ g= .52 for fall athletes and g= .61 for parents” (p. 6)

From Giang, Koester, Chesnutt, et al., 2015, The Effectiveness of a Web-Based Resource in Improving Post-Concussion Management in High School

(2) 

Write a paraphrase for the below excerpt.

“…354 concussions were documented: 201 from intervention schools and 153 from control schools (2–31 per school). Most concussions were reported by male athletes (74% overall; 73% intervention, 75% control), and most occurred during game play (61% overall; 65% intervention, 57% control), followed by practice (36% overall; 33% intervention, 40% control), and other (3% overall; 3% intervention, 3% control). Reports of concussions were most prevalent while participating in football (67% overall; 70% intervention, 63% control), followed by soccer (25% overall; 21% intervention, 32% control), cheer/spirit (3% overall; 4% intervention, 2% control), and volleyball (3% overall; 4% intervention, 3% control)” (p. 6).

From Giang, Koester, Chesnutt, et al., 2015, The Effectiveness of a Web-Based Resource in Improving Post-Concussion Management in High Schools (Links to an external site.)

(3)

For this final question, write a paraphrase for the below excerpt.

“Of the 354 concussions logged, 297 (84% overall; 87% intervention, 84% control) students returned to full activity within the 90-day study period” (p. 6).

From Giang, Koester, Chesnutt, et al., 2015, The Effectiveness of a Web-Based Resource in Improving Post-Concussion Management in High Schools (Links to an external site.)

Posted in Uncategorized

Leave a Reply